- Amazon to Pay U.S. Employees up to $4,000 to Travel for Abortions
- UK Govt Threatens to Ban Twitter And Potentially Jail Elon Musk If He Allows Free Speech
- ‘I Tried to Gather Your Fire and Rage’: Emails Show ACLU Staffer Wrote Amber Heard’s 2018 WashPo #MeToo Op-Ed
- Hungarian PM, Croatian Prez Placed On Ukrainian ‘Hit List’ Known As The Myrotvorets Database
- Libtards React to Supreme Court Draft Opinion Overturning Roe v. Wade
Amazon announced on Monday that it will pay up to $4,000 in travel expenses annually for employees to get abortions.
The move came after a leaked Supreme Court draft opinion written by Justice Samuel Alito came out suggesting that Roe v. Wade will be overturned.
From Reuters, “Amazon to reimburse U.S. employees who travel for abortions, other treatments”:
Amazon.com Inc (AMZN.O), the second-largest U.S. private employer, told its staff on Monday it will pay up to $4,000 in travel expenses annually for non-life threatening medical treatments including abortions, according to a message seen by Reuters.The decision makes the online retailer the latest company after Citigroup Inc (C.N), Yelp Inc (YELP.N) and others to respond to Republican-backed state laws curbing abortion access, helping employees bypass them. It shows how companies are eager to retain and attract talent in locations that remain important to their operations despite legal changes impacting employees’ health.Some 170+ CEOs in 2019 signed onto an open letter stating that abortion bans are “bad for business.”
Corporate America needs round-the-clock, “day in and day out” abortions to keep their businesses “thriving.”
Follow InformationLiberation on Twitter, Facebook, Gab, Minds and Telegram.